Korean Food in Merida

Younghee Moser is an excellent cook. She sells things at the Slow Food Market on Saturdays – like kim chee, “Korean pancakes,” spicy soybeans, quail egg salad, etc. She also makes a variety of other dishes that you can order from her.

• Mandu – the staple of all Korean meals, like a pot sticker but better and with great sauce.
  • Bi bim bop – a rice dish with a variety of ingredients usually made to order. This is my favorite. Lots of vegetables, some meat if you wish, an egg, all mixed with rice and hot sauce.
  • Bulgogi – fabulous Korean BBQ

If you want any of these dishes, you can email her at younghee.moser@hotmail.com and pick up your food at the market on Saturdays.

This entry was posted in General Blog, Merida Expat Life, Restaurant Reviews and Food. Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to Korean Food in Merida

1. Claudette says:

Yum!! Thanks for including this link…I would love to try her Bi bim bop..this is one of my favorite Korean dishes. I ‘ll have to try it! Thanks!

2. Vince Gricus says:

Hey Lover! Where is this markert?

The market is in Chuburna in front of Monique Duval’s bakery. From 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.

• The market is located at Calle 31 No. 70, por 12 y 14, Colonia Chuburna de Hidalgo. Phone: 999.195.6413. You go up Technologico almost to Costco, turn left to cross the boulevard at Oxxo, go back (south) a block and turn right. Go one long block and its on your L on a corner. (I think this is right.) It’s walled in but you can see it.

3. Salvador says:

I already eat the Younghee Moser menu; it’s really wonderful the taste and healthy, there are so few opportunities in Merida to taste the original flavor from far away countries, and Asian flavor, fewest!, Younghee Moser it’s a big opportunity to taste Korea in a short trip to Chuburna.

Thanks to Younghee & BG.

Salvador & Gaby.

4. Hoeun.Yoo says:

YoungHee.Moser is my elder sister. now I work in RUSSIA.
    She sometimes called me. She really like to cook and communicate
    good luck

5. Suk Banks says:

young hee, she is my friend. Walter, my husband found merida year 2000 with his BMW motorcycle from Hampton, Va to Merida by himself & drove his truck with our house stuffs in the trailor. We bought our house in calle 47, next monteo & remodeled & built second floor & biggiest pool in centro,I think any way, BG, I never met u but I heard about good or bad, human or gossip things. Anyway, this month I visited our house with my mom who fly from Seoul, Korea & met young hee first time. We cooked & helped her, she was very happy to meet my mom because she is master Korean food. So she gave her good instruction & had a great time together. I am very happy she found her happiness, cook Korean food & introduce to yucatanian. BG, hope u enjoy too.