Deadly Gossip About Yucatan Yenta

The intellectually challenged editors of the new site, Expats Anonymous, have written a dreadful article about me. What a nerve.

This entry was posted in Merida Expat Life, Restaurant Reviews and Food and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to Deadly Gossip About Yucatan Yenta

1. Jody says:

¡Qué infamia!
    Pagarán muy caro.
    (I get all of my lines from novelas. Can you tell?)

2. Lin Dorton says:

3. @ Lin Dorton

RE: “That’s that same insane fool…..the guy who lost his marbles, the one with quite the criminal background, the multiple names and personalities online….right? I think blocking his blog might be the thing.”

Any number of reasons come to mind as to why it might prove imprudent to accuse someone publicly of having “quite the criminal background,” whether the accusation is based on fact, or on scattershot impressions, accurate or false, gleaned while dithering about on the internet.

As for “blocking” a blog, however, I can’t call it unwise because I’m not sure how it could be done or what it might entail.

Unlike an email message or a spitwad, a blog seeks no intended target, but rather simply exists, like a rare and beautiful flower blooming in the wild, or like a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow, waiting to be found.

The thing is, this isn’t the person Lin thinks it is. It is yet another madcap intellectual.
    b

5. suk banks says:

That is too bad why they want to hurt your blog. I think y are great writer & good info for people like me. Do not listen negative things. It is not worthy to spend your good energy. Take care

6. Lin Dorton says:

Hugo de Naranja,
    Beryl is right. I was ASKING if that was the same person who was creating all that stink all summer, a person I don’t even know…..so I guess I should just stay out of these things all together. All I wanted to say was that if if were me, I’d want to try to block the troublemaker who is personally attacking Beryl, block the blog, block the emails, just not allow him into my space. I will never again comment here or on any of you guys’ blogs cuz there’s no need to get so ugly about everything. Live and let live for God’s sake.

Please don’t stop commenting. I would miss you. I don’t think Hugo intended to be ugly, he just has an unusual way of expressing himself.

7. Grant says:

Was it an effort to be funny?

Yes. I found it funny. For a moment, I was worried, but as I read further into it I realized it was quite hilarious. I knew I was being ragged when I saw that Carlos Fuentes and Carlos Slim were among my admirers.

8. “I knew I was being ragged when I saw that Carlos Fuentes and Carlos Slim were among my admirers.”

A very interesting statement, particularly in its calculated omission.

Please note that La Chiqueona does not deny that she gave President Felipe Calderón his first pair of bunny slippers.

9. gerbilsismycopilot says:

For God’s sake. This is like watching a bunch of particularly untalented snails trying find their way out of a paper bag. In slow motion. All it takes is one click on the link to see that both the Expats Anonimous and Yenta are being facetious and nobody is being mean to anyone. You people love creating drama where there is none. It’s ridiculous.