Obituary, Alec Stephens

A long-time realtor in Merida – one of the first. Mr. Stephens died yesterday. From today’s El Diario.

This entry was posted in Merida Expat Life. Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Obituary, Alec Stephens

1. Alejandro says:

The man was found drowned in his pool! A real estate deal gone awry no doubt! A murder in Merida? Is this the beginning?

2. debi says:

Beryl – here is the content from the newspaper article, cut n pasted! I didn’t know Alec, but had met him! So sad!

Tragedia en la col. México
    Hallan el cadáver de un hombre en la piscina de su casa

Alec Manuel Stephens Menéndez, de 41 años, falleció la tarde de ayer en una casa de la colonia México, al parecer al ahogarse en una piscina.

De acuerdo con los datos recabados, el cuerpo fue hallado por sus familiares alrededor de las 7 de la noche flotando boca abajo en la alberca de un predio ubicado en la calle 29 por 12 de dicha colonia.

Paramédicos de la ambulancia 21-P de la Secretaría de Seguridad Pública (SSP) se presentaron al lugar y al atender a Stephens Menéndez confirmaron que ya había fallecido.

Agentes de la fiscalía estatal, incluyendo personal del Servicio Médico Forense se presentó al sitio y realizó las diligencias de rigor. La autopsia revelará las causas del deceso.
    Se averiguó que Alec Stephens se dedicaba a los bienes raíces y estaba casado.— Roberto García Hidalgo

Thanks, Debi. I didn’t have the link. What a tragedy. A friend of mine bought her house through him and said he was a pleasure to work with. I guess he was one of the first agents to sell to northamericans.

3. Rick Murphy says:

Alec and his brother-in law, Isaac, are helping us purchase a home in Merida. We just found out about his death. Alec was far too young to be gone. We haven’t closed on our home that they helped us find…..it will not seem right to celebrate the new home without him being there.

I am so sorry. It is shocking and tragic when someone dies young. I didn’t know him but I heard he was a real nice, fair guy.

4. Rob says:

If Alec is too young to be gone, what does this mean? That there are OTHERS who are too old to still be here?

5. Pol Beith says:

I had the pleasure of meeting Alec and he was a true gentleman. If I’m not
    mistaken, Alec had health problems, but still his passing at such a young
    age must be a terrible shock to his family. My condolences to them. Rest
    in peace, Alec.

6. ellen jane morgan says:

Alec was a great friend. He was a terrific broker and sold me my home. He died too soon. He will be missed.